Benefits of being a Guest Editor
To ensure an impartial review process, submissions to the Special Issue by the Guest Editors will be handled by members of the journal’s Editorial Board and/or Conference Editorial Board. Please see this section for more information.
In recognition of the Guest Editors’ efforts, and to provide full transparency about the journal’s and/or Conference's review process, the name of the Guest Editor who accepts a manuscript will be included in the published version of the article.
Additional benefits of being a Guest Editor include:
- Improving your academic profile and marking you out as influential within your discipline
- Increasing the visibility and impact of work published in the Special Issue thanks to JER’s immediate, worldwide, and barrier-free Open Access
- Being at the forefront of scientific communication
- Exerting creativity in the inception and development of a topic
- Assembling and working with a strong team of Editors
- Networking with like-minded colleagues around the world and forging new contacts with field leaders
- Handling manuscripts close to your professional interests and gaining a better understanding of editorial processes
- Seeing articles from your Special Issue and/or Conference referenced and cited in future articles
- Feeling you have contributed to the development of the journal and/or Conference