Article Processing Charges
As an Open Access title, publishing an article in this journal requires an Article Processing Charge (APC) that will be billed to the submitting author following acceptance. Apart from this Article Processing Charge there are no other fees (for example submission charges, page charges, or color charges).
The Article Processing Charge for the journal is $.............
Value Added Tax
JER is based in the Eurasia and must charge a 18% Value Added Tax (VAT) on qualifying transactions. Where applicable, the VAT will be in addition to the APC fees indicated above. Eurasia VAT applies when we supply services to individuals or organizations based in the Eurasia or to non-VAT registered individuals or organizations within the EU. Transactions with VAT-registered individuals or organizations based outside the Eurasia but within the EU are outside the scope of Eurasia VAT. All transactions with customers outside of the EU are also outside the scope of Eurasia VAT.
Once an article has been accepted for publication, an Article Processing Charge is due. The submitting author assumes responsibility for the Article Processing Charge, and IJISIPwill not issue refunds of any kind.
IJISIP operates a transparent waiver policy to help support researchers who are unable to meet some or all of the cost associated with publishing open access.
What are article processing charges?
JER is open access and subject to an article processing charge (APC) upon acceptance. This charge covers the costs of turning a manuscript into a finished article, as well as the costs of hosting, distributing and promoting an article.
Article processing charges explained
We are committed to making the costs of publishing as clear as possible. The article processing charge for each journal is clearly displayed on its homepage.
When a manuscript is submitted, it passes through the many different departments at IJISIP to ensure the quality checks, peer review, production and promotion of the article is carried out in a timely manner and to a high standard.
These departments include:
- Editorial Screening - who perform the initial technical and ethical checks
- Editorial Operations - who help the journal's Editors manage the review process
- Article Production - who convert the manuscript to a professionally typeset article and well-structured XML
- Article Proofing - who coordinate the proofing process through IJISIP's Online Proofing System, supporting authors and Editors
- Editorial Quality Assurance - who perform a final check to ensure that the manuscript and its review process adhere to the journal's guidelines and policies
- Journal Development - who support our authors, Editors and reviewers, ensure journals are indexed as widely as possible and published articles receive the attention they deserve
- Technology teams - who build and maintain our easy-to-use, state-of-the-art systems
The actual amount of an article processing charge varies depending on the journal in which an article is published. Some journals are more expensive due to the volume of submissions they receive.
Article processing charge waiver policy
JER is fully open access and require article processing charges (APCs) to be paid following acceptance. To help support researchers who are unable to meet some or all of the costs associated with publishing open access, JER operates a transparent waiver policy.
As a partner of Research4Life, our waiver policy adheres to Research4Life’s best practice guidelines for waiver policies – ensuring researchers from low-to-middle income countries can easily understand what automatic support for article processing charges is available to them.
Qualifying for a waiver
To help support researchers in low-to-middle income countries, JER automatically provide full and partial waivers of article processing charges for manuscripts based on the corresponding author's listed affiliation. Authors do not need to request these waivers, they will be applied at submission.
Our waiver policy follows a two tier approach:
- Countries in Research4Life’s “Group A” (listed below) will receive a full (100%) waiver of article processing charges
- Countries in Research4Life’s “Group B” (listed below) will receive a partial (50%) waiver of article processing charges
Waiver requests outside of these two tiers will not be considered.
Countries eligible for a full (100%) waiver
IJISIP provides an automatic 100% waiver for article processing charges on manuscripts where the corresponding author is based in any of the countries listed below. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions in regard to this.
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Cook Islands
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia (Federated States of)
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Moldova
- Saint Helena
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Sudan
- Syrian Arab Republic
- United Republic of Tanzania
Countries eligible for a partial (50%) waiver
IJISIP provides an automatic 50% waiver for article processing charges on manuscripts where the corresponding author is based in any of the countries listed below. Please contact <firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions in regard to this.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bolivia (Plurinational State of)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- El Salvador
- West Bank and Gaza Strip
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam